Friday, October 9, 2015

YP17

Today was mostly a downtime and driving day. I had lunch with my old friend Kelly (David C. Kelly), direct of the Hampshire College Summer Studies in Mathematics (HCSSiM), which I attended as an eager high schooler and went back to teach at after my freshman year in college.
For those of you who know of my love of the number 17, and yellow pigs, Kelly (through HCSSiM) was the source of that. He has recently retired from fulltime teaching, though he still runs the math summer program. In honor of his retirement, Hampshire College changed all the speed limit signs around campus from 15 mph to 17 mph.
 
It rained all afternoon, and we drove the lovely rural Rte 9 from Amherst to Pittsfield. The autumn colors were gorgeous even in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment